The INVEX cloud-based metal software offers comprehensive functionality for metal and steel tube mills and tube producers. INVEX enables tube mills to quickly take, produce, and ship orders with minimal screens and steps. Common business cases to produce tube from slit coil can be handled quickly and out-of-the-box.
Tube mills, which included welded pipe and ERW tube mills, produce and carry a wide range of products which includes round, square, and rectangular tube products.
Inventory can be searched by grade and shape of the tube, with additional searches by OD, ID, and wall for round tube.
In addition to viewing the heat and chemistry of the tube or bundle of tubes, the various mechanical tests that may have been taken during tube production can be viewed from the stock screen as well.
- Fast entry of quotes and orders
- Fulfill pick and ship orders quickly
- Ability to enter orders for repetitive parts
- Single or multi-step multi-plant processing
- Handles the process to consume coil and produce slit coils
- Handles the process to consume slit coil to produce tube
- Handles the slit coil charging process at the tube mill
- Record test results of produced tube produced from a coil-heat batch
- Weight for Coil Heat Batch can be set by Grade
- Customer consignment
- Receive inbound coils while in-transit from the mill on a vessel, truck, or barge
- Handles tube to pipe conversion process
- Outside processing for processes such as galvanizing a bundle of tube
- Non-Conformance function for complaints and claims
out of the box solution
Tube mills can streamline their tube processing from
start to finish using the INVEX metal ERP software
- Products can be tagged for full traceability
- Flexible stock search features to search by grade, cross section, ID/OD, or length
- Drop (remnants) can be viewed in the same inquiry as stock material
- Bar, pipe, and tube can maintain a fixed, mill, or random length designation
- Track the various finishes of the tube such as flash control, stencil, indented, or bead rolling
- Fittings can be controlled per piece
- Inventory Replenishment functions and tools
- Search by spec (ASTM, ASME, etc.)
- Conditions, holds, and quality codes
- View substitute products
- Wild card grade and finish codes
- View the test certificate from the mill
Fast entry of quotes and orders with real-time access to inventory and pricing information makes all the difference.
- Fast quote to order conversion
- Short cut entry mode to speed up quote entry
- Enter quotes for prospects
- Source a single order from different warehouses
- Ability to enter the pieces per bundle for the sold tube item
- Integrated metal price book
- Duplicate a quote or order
- Multi-currency pricing
A highly advanced and integrated Sales Order Status Desktop enables sales and customer service staff to view a comprehensive status of a customer order. Consolidated in a single, clear view, the INVEX Sales Order Status includes production planning, scheduling, shop floor progression, outside processing status, ready-to-ship designation, and logistics status.
- Value-add costing
- Production Scheduling
- Multi-step processing (slit, produce tube then saw)
- Item route can be across multiple warehouses (multi-plant, slit in warehouse A, tube production in warehouse B
- Item route can include outside processing steps
- Planning function to group multiple orders onto the same Production Job
- Add slit coils to the Job as they are mounted
- Calculates the number of bundles that can be produced from the slit coil
- Combine production from two slit coils into a single bundle
- Handles standard, customer or order-specific bundling sizes
- Heat/Lot control for Test Entry
- Record the run, setup, and down time
- Record picking of coil, slit coil, or tube on a mobile device
Picks can be recorded directly on the shop floor with a mobile device. The picker can scan the material being picked, print a shipping label, and if required package the material in a box directly from the mobile device. A label can be printed for the remaining bundle of material.
post tube production – mechanical testing
After Tube Production, the bundles can be passed through a Quality & Testing Process that enable the quality staff to perform mechanical tests on the size and heat. The quality staff can apply the new test results to all bundles of the same size produced from a single heat.
- INVEX produces a test tube which is used to cut for testing
- Testing frequency can be stored based on the customer, grade, size, or OD
- Validate results against industry specifications
- Approved bundles can be shipped (Optional)
- Test Certificates will include original mill chemistry plus new mechanical test results
- Tube bundles are held for shipping until they pass testing
INVEX shipment planning is completely online. A comprehensive multi-layer inquiry to view sales orders and inter-warehouse transfers can organize and summarize orders by delivery route or shipping zone for better load consolidation.
- Transport lineup shows all planned delivery loads by scheduled date and time
- Shipping staff can view available capacity and route information
- Loading List can be printed to help load the truck
- Print a Packing List or Bill of Lading
- Sequence the stops
- Copy of the original mill cert or company certs are auto-printed and/or emailed
- Plan a load with multiple warehouse pick-up points
- Finished goods can be staged or live-loaded onto the truck
This function verifies that the material that is being loaded or has been loaded on a vehicle is the correct material and that the transport includes all the items that were planned for delivery. Using a mobile device, the operator scans the barcoded Shipping Labels attached to the material that has been loaded.